1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

D3 Users Guide - Gotta be something better than the Nikon Guide.

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR Forum' started by cvansickler, Jul 8, 2008.

1. cvansickler

cvansickler

May 17, 2008
    Texas
    I checked with Magic Lantern, and they won't have a guide out on the D3 until 3/09. Has anyone else run across a users manual that can enlighten me to the nuances of the D3. With my D200 I purchased the DVD and the paperback - the DVD was way more beneficial.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. C.

2. Thom Hogan is working on one, but no due date on his site yet. If he does his usual work, it will be excellent.

3. I saw this at Amazon - don't know anything about it.

4. You Could Fill Volumes With Whats Not In The Nikon "Useless Guide". I Have Learned More Here On The Cafe Than I Have Using The Guide. Nikon Dose A Poor Job In Area Of Explanations. I Am Waiting On Hogan To Do For The D3 What He Has Done For The Other Bodies He Has Covered. I Just Like To Know Why This Setting Dose This, Not Just That It Dose This.

5. Nikon writes Reference Manuals - they don't write User Guides.

or stated another way

Nikon tells you what a camera feature does - not how to daisy-chain various bits and pieces to yield NG quality images.

Sounds a lot like Photoshot, right? There is a whole sub-culture devoted to providing DVD's, books and classroom lessons on all things Adobe.

6. Spot on!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.