D3 What caused this?

12 shots are like this from yesterday
Could it be the fluorescent lighting in the church?

D3, 24-70 f/2.8 lens
shot @ 24mm
manual mode 1/125 sec, f/5.6
matrix metering
ISO 800
SB-800 flash, flash fired
SanDisk Extreme IV 8 GB
SOOC uncropped

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

D3, 24-70 f/2.8 lens
shot @ 24mm
manual mode 1/160 sec, f/4.5
matrix metering
ISO 800
SB-800 flash, flash fired
SanDisk Extreme IV 8 GB
SOOC uncropped

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

For the first picture, it looks like your lens hood wasn't clicked into position. It was rotated off.

Both pictures have mixed lighting. You had your flash on the hot shoes, I presumed. If the lighting in the church is florescent light, you'd get a slight green cast because your flash's light fell off as it travel farther into the picture. It wasn't able to over power the ambient light. I would gel the flash to balance it with the florescent lighting next time.

I don't think there is anything wrong with your D3.

BTW, you have a D3... have you tried shooting it without flash? :biggrin:

Chris

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
For the first picture, it looks like your lens hood wasn't clicked into position. It was rotated off.

Both pictures have mixed lighting. You had your flash on the hot shoes, I presumed. If the lighting in the church is florescent light, you'd get a slight green cast because your flash's light fell off as it travel farther into the picture. It wasn't able to over power the ambient light. I would gel the flash to balance it with the florescent lighting next time.

I don't think there is anything wrong with your D3.

BTW, you have a D3... have you tried shooting it without flash? :biggrin:

Chris
It was an SB-800 on a bracket. I turned off the flash right after this and shot at ISO 4000. The non-flash photos are much better. I haven't adjusted anything in PP yet. I was just concerned about these ones.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom