D3 with Extreme CF adapter and Eye-Fi SD cards

Eye-Fi says that the D3 is not compatible with any of their wifi SD cards, but the D3 will work with the Eye-Fi cards when using the Extreme CF adapter.

And YES, the Extreme CF adapter WILL fit the D3 CF slots.

I've been using this combo to shoot jpegs to my Galaxy Note II, and it works perfect.

I thought that Nikon use a type I CF card and that these adapters are type II?

Assuming I am correct how do you manage to make them fit in?

Real Name
Mike
The D3 can accept type 1 or type 2 CF cards.
I doubted this, but apparently it is true. The D3 manual lists four different microdrives approved for use with the D3. I checked the first two, and they are Type II cards.

Unfortunately, the D3s manual specifically states on page 419 that Type II cards and microdrives cannot be used. :frown:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't know about the D3S, but the D3 can accept type 1 or type 2 CF cards. I read that the D700 can only accept the type 1 cards, of course, I don't know for sure. I don't own a D700.

I own a D3, and it can accept either type.

Eye-Fi says that the D3 is not compatible with any of their wifi SD cards, but the D3 will work with the Eye-Fi cards when using the Extreme CF adapter.

And YES, the Extreme CF adapter WILL fit the D3 CF slots.

I've been using this combo to shoot jpegs to my Galaxy Note II, and it works perfect.

Cool. Thanks for the info. I'll have to try this with my D3.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom