1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

D300 and L-Plate

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by GKR1, Jul 17, 2008.

1. GKR1

GKR1

Apr 19, 2007
    San Diego
  2. agile_one

agile_one

May 20, 2008
    Sarasota, FL
    When you say PRS, I assume you mean RRS, Really Right Stuff, no?

Assuminmg that is true, I can highly recommend their L-plates. I have the one for the D300 without grip, and it is permanently mounted to the camera. No experience with Kirk hardware, but others have good words for their products. I have other RRS products as well - BH40 ballhead with LRII release, QR for my monopod, lens plates for teles, and have had their L-plates for previous cameras. Every single item from RRS has been spectacularly well made, and backed with quick shipping, good advice, and excellent customer service.

As to getting for body only or body plus grip, it would depend on which configuration sees most tripod time. I think, however, that if you get an L-plate and see it's benefits, that you will want both if you shoot with both equally.

<edit> Oh, just took a look at the Giottos 1301, and the magic words, "Arca Swiss compatible", were there, so both the RRS and Kirk plates should work just fine. </edit>

3. GKR1

GKR1

Apr 19, 2007
    San Diego
    Thanks Gene, yes I meant to say RRS. I think I'm going to go with the Kirk, it is a little cheaper.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.