1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

D300 Back Focusing Problem-Need Help!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OHcorgis, Aug 9, 2008.

1. Using AutoFocus.
    I believe this camera is back focusing, particularly in shutter priority/sports shots. I am using a 70-200mm VR f/2.8 lens. Object that was focused on is blurred, but background is sharp. I put the same lens on my D200 and shot the same subjects, same time of day, same priority. Shots of the subjects are tac sharp. I also tried the same combinations on bird shots. All the D300 shots are blurred. None of the D200 shots are blurred.

I have also noted when using a 300mm f/4 that objects to the side of the subject may be sharp, while the subject is partially blurred. So it is not the lens I don't think, but the camera itself.

Is this a problem that is fixed at Nikon Repair Center??? I love this camera, when it works right, but I sure have been doing a lot of photoshop sharpening with it. Do not have those problems with my D70 or D200.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.