1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

D300 battery help.

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by Duschoolboy, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Duschoolboy

Duschoolboy

Dec 17, 2006
    I posted this in the tech questions too, but I didnt know where to post it. I just recieved a D300 with grip and 4l battery. To make a long story short, do I HAVE to have the enl3 battery in the camera for the camera to work even though I have a hot battery in the grip? I could not get it to come on last night without the enl3 battery in the camera. I did know if it was a setting in camera for that or not. All I found was the battery choice sellection on which one you use first. Thanks for the help

2. YES, you need an EN-EL3e battery or equal in the camera body.

Tom

3. Duschoolboy

Duschoolboy

Dec 17, 2006
    Tom, I spoke with Nikon and several other members and you dont. Most in fact run without ever putting the el3 in the body at all.

4. fivegrand

fivegrand Guest

I run the EN-EL4's. I haven't even charged the 3, let alone put it in the camera.

5. NPA2008

NPA2008

Apr 15, 2008
    USA
    I owned two D300's for several months. You are not required to have a battery in the camera when your power source is the MB-D10. One of the ways I troubleshot an oxidized contact problem was by removing the battery from the camera and powering the device using only the MB-D10, so I know for a fact it works this way.

6. Duschoolboy

Duschoolboy

Dec 17, 2006
    Thanks guys. I tried a new grip that I borrowed from PcolaRoy and it worked correctly. I have a new grip on order tonight.

7. Glad it wasn't the camera Mike

I'll send you a bill for the tech suport :wink:

8. Are you sure that you got the right grip?????????:D evil:

9. Maybe I had better go check my bag...:confused: 

10. Duschoolboy

Duschoolboy

Dec 17, 2006
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.