1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

D300 buffer help

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by Pianisimo, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Pianisimo

Pianisimo Guest

I have a D300 and a pretty decent CF card (4GB sandisk extreme IV). until recently I haven't even been interested in shooting at 6fps...now when I try it though, it says my buffer will fill up after 12 shots. is this normal? because it doesn't feel right... :Curved: this is jpg, but it doesn't change when I change the image size and quality settings. what am I doing wrong?

2. What makes you think the buffer will "fill up" after 12 shots?

3. Growltiger

Growltiger Administrator Administrator

See pages 402 and 403 of the manual.

Here is some text from page 403:

My guess is you have not set everything to optimise the buffer size.

You misunderstand the r12. It tells you the buffer size is 12. As you shoot, the buffer gets filled, but it also gets emptied at the same time but slower.
    You have to try it to see how many you can take before it fills.

4. Pianisimo

Pianisimo Guest

Thank you very much! I had tried it and pretty much as soon as it hit 12, it started shooting much much slower. I think one of my settings is off though, I'll change it and see if it makes it better.

5. WillyPete

WillyPete

Jan 22, 2009
    London
    $1 says you're using 14 bit, active D is on.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.