Page 402 of the manual gives as approximate values:
- lossless compressed, 12 bit: 13.6 MB
- lossless compressed, 14 bit: 16.7 MB
- compressed, 12 bit: 11.3 MB
- compressed, 14 bit: 14.2 MB
- uncompressed, 12 bit: 19.4 MB
- uncompressed, 14 bit: 25.3 MB
But you can always save as large Tiff(RGB), if you prefer a filesize of 36.5 MB.
This is an informative thread. I'm glad that I searched for it.
I have another question. Is there a reasonably accurate file format that isn't as large as RAW?
I'm going to buy a D300 soon. (probably this week) I've never experimented with any other format than .jpg on my current camera. I'm going to shoot a wedding soon for a friend. I've never post processed anything either. I've only used GIMP for basic editing and somtimes combining layers of a couple of pictures.
Thanks in advance for your advice!