1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

D300 grip

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by EEB72, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Anyone having problems with their D300 grip?

My one seems to have died! :eek:  At first I thought it was DBS because the battery I had in was fully charged and when the camera shut off it was showing the battery meter with only one bar on it. I took the grip off and put the battery in the body and it worked fine the rest of the night. If I had a battery in both body and grip it would work sort of. I could still use the AF button and take a pic but none of the wheels or toggle thing that changes AF point would work. I think just the grip is bad because when I take the grip off my other D300 and put it on that body with just a battery in the grip, it works fine.

I just wanted to see if anyone else had problems with their D300 grip. Guess I will dig out the box and send it to Nikon.

2. Rebelranger

Rebelranger

Feb 4, 2007
    Northern CA
    I had an issue at one point but cleaned all the contacts and it was fine. I also did a next cleaning with DeOxit on the recommendation of some at Nikonians and have never experienced problems again.

3. Yes, cleaning did a lot of good for me.

4. Update

I just got around to getting some Deoxit. I cleaned the contacts on the grip, it still doesn't work. Also I checked the grip that I have on my other D300. D300 works with just a battery in the grip but the thing I found with that one now is the toggle switch thing doesnt work. I know it worked before because I remember using it. Anyone have some suggestions? :confused: 

5. no problems here!

6. No problems for me either, I bought the adapter and use my D2X batteries in it.

7. Guess you guys got lucky. I didn't have the DBS like others have with the D300. My problem has been the damn grips. First one I had for a few weeks when I got my first D300, had to send that one back. Now these two. I would say the heck with the grip but I like it for taking portraits and just the overall feel of the D300 with it on. I wish nikon would have just put the D300 sensor in the same size body as the D2x. I'll be in Vegas this Saturday for 8 days so I guess when I get back I'll send them to Nikon...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.