D300 High ISO

Was really surprised this weekend when using new D300 in a museum. Went to Chihuly Exhibit at deYoung Museum if SF and shot mostly at ISO 1600 and was thrilled with results compared to the D200. Have taken a lot of high ISO D200 images, ballooning in early am, and most of the images were not usable - ISO 1000 to 1600.

Now I have to try and understand the UniWB to tame the histogram a bit. Had a lot of blown reds as you can imagine. Sure wish there was one place to read about UniWB other than the multiple threads here and DPR.

This is nice.
Dan

N

NateD

That's one of the reasons I plan on getting one later this summer. I wish I could afford the D700 (notice I didn't say D3:eek:). I shoot a lot of high school football and the dim stadiums in Texas need all the help they can get

D3 and D700 are out of my league plus I like having DX for field of view. At this point going wider than my 12-24 is not needed. D300 really addressed my biggest D200 problem - high ISO. Next wish list item is that I better understand the auto focus. Will going to Africa in November on a private safari and need to get up to speed.

Dan

Sorry Frank - would love to but I don't have a place to store my pics on the net. Would be happy to email you a small JPEG if you would supply me with your address via PM.

Dan

If the OP doesn't mind, here's a ISO 1600 shot from my D300. No noise reduction in camera or in PP.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I've had very usable photos from the D300 at ISO 3200 - much better than the D70 at 1600.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom