1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

D300 image files out of order

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR Forum' started by FisherPete, Aug 11, 2009.

1. FisherPete

FisherPete

Nov 13, 2007
    Oregon
    This weekend I shot a K9 trials ... you know, police dogs doing police dog stuff - running, subduing, protecting, finding - that sort of thing. I was working with my D300 w/ MB-D10 and using my 80-200 AFS lens. I was set to aperture priority at F5.6 resulting in images of ISO 100 and 1/1000 or so exposure.

To get good images of the pursuit and speed events, I bumped my CL shot speed setting to 6 FPS. Normally I'd use the CH setting, but for reasons I can't explain and don't remember I did it through the menu this time.

The result was that I had many pictures out of sequence within the bursts. I'm not sure what caused it or if it's even a problem. Right now, I'm of the opinion that I did something I shouldn't. But I'm interested if anyone else has experienced this, whether you'd consider it a problem. and if so whether there's a solution.

Thanks for your thoughts.

2. If you delete files the camera fills in the empty spaces. Can't you sort by date/time shot in your processing/sorting/cataloging software and get them back into order?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.