1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

D300 iso 1250

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR Forum' started by Randy, Aug 2, 2009.

1. even though I still don't always trust my d300 abover 1600this is an example of where the D200 would have had real problems

ISO 1250, f2.8 (i rarely if ever shoot big birds like this wide open but i was at my iso limit for the d300, 1250, so i had no choice). I was surprised by the focus.
    The lens was the 300vr

EXIF is attached

[​IMG]

2. Great shot. I use D300 at ISO 2000 for indoor shots with no problem, but prefer to stay below 1600 if possible.

3. Beautiful shot of a beautiful bird, Randy. :smile:

4. Randy, I think if you are that reticent to use the D300 at that iso (or even higher) you are missing out on a lot of shot potential. Maybe a little experimenting?

5. that's why i got a d3 and i have done alot of testing w/ the d300 above 1600

no shadows and min cropping and it's ok, otherwise i will use the d3
    and it's not always noise that bothers me, usually it's that Noise Reduction SoftWare look, kinda mushy, like neat image because even with NR off the d300 still applies NR

6. thx robert

7. thx alex

8. That's interesting - I have the NR turned off on my D300 and in NX2 under the Develop section it indicates that the NR is off.

9. Joves

Joves

Feb 10, 2009
    Nowhereland
    Really that is a nice shot. Im not to fond of the NR not really turning off. Would be nice to see that in a Firmware Revision.

10. 73Z1

73Z1

Sep 15, 2008
    Sacramento
    +1

11. thanks

they must not trust us:smile:

12. it comes on by itself after a certain iso and it won't show in nx
    i'm guessing it starts at 800 and gets stronger as the iso goes up

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.