1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

D300 not recognizing MB-D10 grip - suggestions?

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR Forum' started by Hockey_Nut, Aug 30, 2008.

1. I've been using my MB - D10 grip with my D300 since May without any problems and just this past weekend I realized that the top lcd screen on the camera did not show the icon indicating that the grip was providing the power. The shutter release button still worked, but I only had a battery meter for the internal battery. The camera is set up to recognize the grip as the primary power source too. I've changed the batteries and the lcd still does not recognize the grip.

While shooting my daughter's tournament this weekend, I did notice that the grip icon did appear in the lcd once, but then it disappeared. I powered off the camera & disconnected the grip multiple times but did not get the reading I was hoping to see in the lcd.

Any suggestions as to what I need to do to get this working again?

Thanks for your help.

Take care,
    Brent

2. First thing I can think of (only thing) is to clean the contacts with alcohol.

3. MB-10 grip

I have run into this problem before as I believe have numerous other people. Take the grip off. Take the battery out of the camera and put the grip back on. See if it recognizes the grip and battery. Take the grip off. Insert the battery back in the camera and put the grip back on. That has fixed it on mine before and have had to do it two or three times since I've had the camera (Mar. 08). I've talked to Nikon and they don't recognize the problem, even though quite a few people have talked about it in other forums.
    Good luck,
    Kim

4. NPA2008

NPA2008

Apr 15, 2008
    USA
    I had this problem with my D300. Reseating the MB-D10 did not help, but you should try that as a first attempt to resolve your problem. Cleaning the contacts with alcohol did not resolve my problem either. The contacts looked very clean, but they were oxidized. Remarkably, this product ended my problem:

http://www.deoxit.com/

I bought a small tube of DeoxIT at Fry's and used it on a few other items that had bad contacts.

5. Hi guys,

Thanks for taking the time to help me out.

Kim, I followed your suggestion and once the battery was removed, the grip was recognized. I put the internal battery back in and powered up & the grip was recognized again ... whew. I just hit the 10 000 click mark and I thought it was the dreaded DBS.

I think I'll also look into some DeoxIT too.

Again, thanks to everyone for their help.

Take care,
    Brent

6. lovD300

lovD300

Feb 25, 2008
    Canada
    fyi,

Make sure to put the mb-d10 in "locked" position before you remove the grip. this is when I usally start to see this problem for me. Power on the d300. put the grip in locked position, power off the d300 and removed the grip."

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.