D300 replacement?

I've lost motivation in the winter months and I'm hoping a new DX body will get me back in the swing of things.

does anyone know if a replacement of the D300 (or D300s I suppose) is in the works?

sorry if this has been discussed, I haven't been around much.

No news on a replacement. Many months from now before a new camera is available for purchase is the concensus.

I've lost motivation in the winter months and I'm hoping a new DX body will get me back in the swing of things.

does anyone know if a replacement of the D300 (or D300s I suppose) is in the works?

sorry if this has been discussed, I haven't been around much.

The 300s was replaced last year by the D7000! GH

What is a pro model? Does it make an idiot a pro? Is a D1 a pro model and a D7k a rookie model? The result smakes you a pro not the equipment! GH

What is a pro model? Does it make an idiot a pro? Is a D1 a pro model and a D7k a rookie model? The result smakes you a pro not the equipment! GH

Professional models have a better build quality to take the abuse pro's put their equipment through. It has nothing to do with the photographers ability-necessarily. The D300/D300s are only considered "semi-pro" bodies and their builds are better than the D7000.

more about the feel in my hand then actual camera ability. D300 & D700 seem to be built better then D90 & D7000.

doesnt make for better photos, just a feel thing.

IMO.

Professional models have a better build quality to take the abuse pro's put their equipment through. It has nothing to do with the photographers ability-necessarily. The D300/D300s are only considered "semi-pro" bodies and their builds are better than the D7000.

I think even pros should think about treating their equipment with a little more care if they find they are needing the pro bodies in order that they take the abuse they dish out. Even the build quality of a D7000 should last anyone a decent amount of time if you're treating the equipment with the care it deserves. Everyone else is just unnecessarily careless with their equipment.

more about the feel in my hand then actual camera ability. D300 & D700 seem to be built better then D90 & D7000.

doesnt make for better photos, just a feel thing.

IMO.

No question the feel difference is real. I suspect though that some of this is just psychological though. Eg. My camera feels better therefore it is better. Sometimes you're just out more cash. :wink:

Real Name
Randy
I think even pros should think about treating their equipment with a little more care if they find they are needing the pro bodies in order that they take the abuse they dish out. Even the build quality of a D7000 should last anyone a decent amount of time if you're treating the equipment with the care it deserves. Everyone else is just unnecessarily careless with their equipment.

+1

ever see the way a newpaper shooter treats his stuff, it's sickening
i had a pro tell me once 'there tools not jewels' after he posted a pic on dp of his 4 big teles standing on their hoods on an ahsphalt road

to me they are both tools and jewels but then i treat all my stuff the same way

+1

ever see the way a newpaper shooter treats his stuff, it's sickening
i had a pro tell me once 'there tools not jewels' after he posted a pic on dp of his 4 big teles standing on their hoods on an ahsphalt road

to me they are both tools and jewels but then i treat all my stuff the same way

I am probably the other extreme of who you are describing. Heck, I wipe down and clean my cameras after every shoot and am bothered by every speck of dust. :redface:

Real Name
Randy
I am probably the other extreme of who you are describing. Heck, I wipe down and clean my cameras after every shoot and am bothered by every speck of dust. :redface:

i am close, only 1 mark on any of my lenses or bodies and i got a lenscoat to cover the mark so i wouldn't see it, even considering selling the lens and getting a new one (300vr) and that was before the V2 came out, now I think about it often (upgrading and selling that mark)

i finally got to where i can change lenses outside of my house:smile:

I try my best to keep my equipment in the best of condition, but even then I still get random scratches on lens barrels and tiny dings on camera bodies. It just the nature of the job. At the end of the day camera equipment is supposed to make money. Newspaper shooters abuse their gear because they don't own it. Freelancers take better care of their equipment, but have to contend with the rigors of the job. Though good photographer discipline warrants that you clean your equipment at the end of every work day, maintaining that discipline follows through with your shooting.

Real Name
Randy
I try my best to keep my equipment in the best of condition, but even then I still get random scratches on lens barrels and tiny dings on camera bodies. It just the nature of the job. At the end of the day camera equipment is supposed to make money. Newspaper shooters abuse their gear because they don't own it. Freelancers take better care of their equipment, but have to contend with the rigors of the job.

good pts

i can imagine that if i used my gear to earn a living it would be impossible to keep it the way i do now

I love watching all the D7000 people get uptight and defensive.

Things happen when you use your gear, no matter how careful and if you can spend 200 more and get a body that can take 2 times the abuse then its worth it for me.

I have had 2 incidents where the better body has paid off already in less then a year

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom