D300 - replacing the rubber where mb-d10 plugs in

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by cleoent, Jul 30, 2008.

1. cleoent

cleoent

Dec 21, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    anyone have any idea how much those two pieces of rubber cost?

I rented a mb-d10 last week (bought a second hand one today :smile) and took off the rubber pieces to plug it in. My wife returned it, i forgot for some dumb reason to replace them and off they went to the rental company who now can't find them.

Darn.

Any idea what it will cost me to replace them? Can i only get them through nikon?

2. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Ditto.............go to Boca Photo. I've purchase miscellaneous items from them and had no issues.

3. cleoent

cleoent

Dec 21, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    I called Nikon USA today, didn't order anything, looks like they found my part at the rental place :smile

Part # for future reference

1K467-300

4. scooptdoo

scooptdoo Guest

this rubber piece fits the d300 body and is removed to attach the mb-d10.how did it get tuned in with the mb-d10?

5. cleoent

cleoent

Dec 21, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    it was placed cleverly into the case the mbd10 came in, and then not removed when i put the mbd10 back.

6. jafo

jafo

Jun 11, 2008
    Chatsworth, CA
    I know it's an old thread but...

You do realize there is a recessed spot to put that "rubber piece" on the MB-D10 itself right? So you don't lose it. This can happen easily. You should store it in the grip so it's there when you take it off. Don't store it in a bag...

7. scooptdoo

scooptdoo Guest

I Lost Mine When I Bought My Mb-d10

8. Boca has the part for $6.30.

9. Thanks for the info! I never would have found it. Can't recall ever seeing that in the short manual that came with the grip. Of course, I'm likely to forget that I put the rubber thingie on the MB-D10.:smile:

10. wingspar

wingspar

Mar 16, 2008
    Oregon
    That’s good to know. I’ll be ordering the D300 and MB-D10 later on today, and I’ve been wondering how I’m going to keep track of that little piece of rubber. Is it easy to figure out where this little storage spot is? From the manual maybe? It certainly doesn’t show up in pictures of the grip... Ok, just looked at the D300 review at Dpreview, and on page 4 of the review, there is a photo of the grip that looks like a spot for the rubber is right there next to the electrical connections. Cool. :cool:  Photo of MB-D10 here.

11. Yep, you found it!

12. mg-paul

mg-paul

Dec 14, 2007
    Hong Kong
    If you are using the standard battery EN3e in the grip you can also put the white plastic bit into the battery housing at well. but you do need to remove (with a sharp knife) the little flanges. The cover will then fit at an angle between the battery itself and the outer cover and will slot into the grip. Harder to explain than to do, I will try to post a picture tonight when I get home.

paul

13. Or, when you take it off you can store it in the original camera box, if you can find that. I always keep the strap and miscellaneous parts in the original box.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.