D300 still has it...

Rain forced me to stay close to home today, so I decided to try some backyard birding. I broke out the D300 for a change, as it has been sitting on the shelf as a backup for my D700 and I don't use it. Decided the D300 needed a little love. I had kind of forgotten how much reach the 1.5x crop can seem to add.

1. female Red-winged Blackbird.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Rose-Breasted Grosbeak
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks for looking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rain forced me to stay close to home today, so I decided to try some backyard birding. I broke out the D300 for a change, as it has been sitting on the shelf as a backup for my D700 and I don't use it. Decided the D300 needed a little love. I had kind of forgotten how much reach the 1.5x crop can seem to add.

Thanks for looking.
Yes it does....the D300 still has it, and the photographer knows a thing or two as well. The D300 is what started me on the photography journey, it has excellent capabilities. Nice photos.

Very nice shots;since i have no intension to change to FX i can not think what to buy to improve the quality of my D300. Grts Yves.

Those are nice. My D300 has been on the shelf since April when I got a D800. I planned on selling it but you cant get what its worth. Great DX camera.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes it does....the D300 still has it, and the photographer knows a thing or two as well. The D300 is what started me on the photography journey, it has excellent capabilities. Nice photos.
Very nice shots;since i have no intension to change to FX i can not think what to buy to improve the quality of my D300. Grts Yves.
Those are nice. My D300 has been on the shelf since April when I got a D800. I planned on selling it but you cant get what its worth. Great DX camera.
Great images, thank you!
Very nice, thanks for posting.
Kindest regards,
Stany
www.nikonuser.info
very nice Fred. What lens(es)?

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments. I love the look of FX and my D700, but there is just no denying that the D300 is a great camera that still really produces. I'm going to have to keep it out for a while. :smile:

Brian - I used the Nikon 500mm f/4 for these and several other photos I've posted here in the birds forum this week.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Wonderful images of astonishing birds we don't have here.
Thank you for sharing.

Regards from Germany
Klaus

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom