D300 viewfinder focus points are black?

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by dhean, Sep 12, 2008.

1. dhean

dhean

Dec 16, 2007
    CA
    I was watching the d300 digitutor on Nikon's website earlier, and noticed that the focus points in the viewfinder LCD are black. Is this accurate of the actual d300 camera? Does this make it harder to manually move the focus point in low light conditions?

Also got a chance to play with a D90 today, and the focus point(s) glow(s) red. Even the D80 did that, so I was quite surprised the D300's were just black boxes.

2. They do glow red. I think it is a setting option though.

3. Adam73

Adam73 Guest

The focus points are black when there is enough light If you are in shade or in an area where there isn't much light they glow red.

4. If you go to YouTube, search for D300 and look at the Advanced Menu tips (I think there are 9 videos), they take you through the entire menu system and explain each option.

5. I was just wondering about this myself because today I used my D300 out in the sun and noticed that the focus point did not turn red. I came back inside and BAM! its turning red when it aqcuires focus. For a second there I thought that my D300 was in trouble and oh, just realized too that it doesn't beep when in AF-C mode. :biggrin:

6. dhean

dhean

Dec 16, 2007
    CA
    Thanks for the info guys. So the focus indicators in the D300 have special features up it's sleeves. :)