D300s availability in two weeks or so?

Thats what my dealer thinks. I know it is unsubstantiated - take it with a grain of salt... It says August on the NikonUSA website... Any one else with guesses?
Well, Andreas, I have my D300s already, had them for years, both of them .... :wink: You do mean "plural numbers of D300", right :biggrin::biggrin:

All depends on where, and if, you put in that little '

No guess from me at all. Haven't talked to the folks at either Glazer's or Kenmore about it at all.

and revised Nikonview and Nikon Transfer was posted today with support for the D300s and the D3000 todays so that tells me it isn't that far away...
An update to NikonView or ViewNX? There is a difference. I didn’t think they were updating/upgrading NikonView anymore. It’s still my software of preference for viewing and organizing photos.

An update to NikonView or ViewNX? There is a difference. I didn’t think they were updating/upgrading NikonView anymore. It’s still my software of preference for viewing and organizing photos.
ViewNX

version 1.4.0

• Adds support for D300s, D3000, Coolpix S570, S640, S70, and S1000pj
  • A Send notification mail to my address (Email ID) checkbox has been added to the Share Settings dialog displayed with the my Picturetown upload function.
  • New Album is now displayed in the Subject (Required) text box in the Share Settings dialog displayed with the my Picturetown upload function.
  • An issue that prevented printing at paper sizes of A2 (420 x 594 mm) and larger has been resolved.
    However, images may not print correctly if the Rotate to fit box in the Print dialog is checked.
  • Error message "ViewNX has encountered a problem and needs to close" was displayed and ViewNX quit unexpectedly when attempting to print images after opening the Page Setup dialog from the File menu. This issue has been resolved.
  • Errors in the explanation of axial color aberration compensation in ViewNX Help have been corrected.
  • When Index Print was selected from the Print As: pulldown menu in the Print dialog and the back or next arrow for the print preview was clicked, a portion of the preview image was displayed as completely white, and the printed image exhibited the same completely white portion. This issue has been resolved.
  • When RAW (NEF/NRW) images were converted to JPEG format from the Convert Files dialog, some converted images exhibited a red cast in thumbnail. This issue has been resolved.
  • Windows - An issue that prevented accurate acquisition of Wikipedia keywords for images captured at western longitudes in the southern hemisphere using the GeoTag function has been resolved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nikone view

version 1.4.0
My version of NikonView is 6.2.7, and as far as I know, it the most recent, and there is no plans to upgrade it. You must be confusing it with ViewNX, which replaced NikonView. I’m running ViewNx version 1.3.0. Not sure if that’s the latest or not. Probably not, but I don’t plan on any new camera purchases, so probably no need to upgrade at this time.

My version of NikonView is 6.2.7, and as far as I know, it the most recent, and there is no plans to upgrade it. You must be confusing it with ViewNX, which replaced NikonView. I’m running ViewNx version 1.3.0. Not sure if that’s the latest or not. Probably not, but I don’t plan on any new camera purchases, so probably no need to upgrade at this time.
whoops sorry View NX LOL

It would be great if they started shipping end of this month... but I'm thinking September will probably be the earliest....

I haven't seen as many folks chiming in that they'll upgrade from D300 to 300s version, as I did when the D200 came out, so maybe less waiting lists will help those who are getting a D300s. I'd love to have mine by mid-Sept for my Yellowstone/Teton trip...

I have my pre-order in!

there's post on FM about this. a guy got and email from amazon that the ship date was move up from Sept 16th to Sept 2nd i guess i should have mine on the 3rd then :biggrin:

mine is preordered at Ritz camera i got $180 off :)

Congrats on the military discount ... you deserve it! Navy mom here....
I ordered mine thru Ritz too.... hope the rumor is TRUE... would love to take it to the Tetons this year, leaving on the 9th...

Amazon will be shipping D300s's starting Sept 2, the ship date has been moved forward. I have one on pre-order but quite frankly i'm now wondering why? I don't see any of the new features as being particularly advantageous particularly the camcorder part. I don't see any changes that will improve my IQ. Now if I could shoot BIF at 1600 ISO and get nice clean files, that would be a different story. But I don't see any changes to cause that to happen. Another thing is I don't feel justified in dumping my mint D300 for about $1100 just to get a few incidental features of not much benefit. What's in it for you guys? I'm curious:confused:.

Gene

Amazon will be shipping D300s's starting Sept 2, the ship date has been moved forward. I have one on pre-order but quite frankly i'm now wondering why? I don't see any of the new features as being particularly advantageous particularly the camcorder part. I don't see any changes that will improve my IQ. Now if I could shoot BIF at 1600 ISO and get nice clean files, that would be a different story. But I don't see any changes to cause that to happen. Another thing is I don't feel justified in dumping my mint D300 for about $1100 just to get a few incidental features of not much benefit. What's in it for you guys? I'm curious:confused:.

Gene
the way i see it is the ISO should match that of the D90 at least..... and 1600 on the D90 is great long as your expose well

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom