1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

D300s availability in two weeks or so?

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR Forum' started by andreasb, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Thats what my dealer thinks. I know it is unsubstantiated - take it with a grain of salt... It says August on the NikonUSA website... Any one else with guesses?

2. Well, Andreas, I have my D300s already, had them for years, both of them .... :wink: You do mean "plural numbers of D300", right :biggrin::biggrin:

All depends on where, and if, you put in that little '

No guess from me at all. Haven't talked to the folks at either Glazer's or Kenmore about it at all.

3. My dealer won't speculate, he will just ship me one when they come in.

:smile:

4. that would be sweet

5. My local dealer has end of august listed as his in-store date.

-Fred

6. and revised Nikonview and Nikon Transfer was posted today with support for the D300s and the D3000 todays so that tells me it isn't that far away...

7. no NX2 update? crap,

8. wingspar

wingspar

Mar 16, 2008
    Oregon
    An update to NikonView or ViewNX? There is a difference. I didn’t think they were updating/upgrading NikonView anymore. It’s still my software of preference for viewing and organizing photos.

9. ViewNX

version 1.4.0

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2009
  10. wingspar

wingspar

Mar 16, 2008
    Oregon
    My version of NikonView is 6.2.7, and as far as I know, it the most recent, and there is no plans to upgrade it. You must be confusing it with ViewNX, which replaced NikonView. I’m running ViewNx version 1.3.0. Not sure if that’s the latest or not. Probably not, but I don’t plan on any new camera purchases, so probably no need to upgrade at this time.

11. whoops sorry View NX LOL

12. TheHundreds

TheHundreds

Jun 26, 2008
    NYC
    whoa 2 weeks i can't wait but im still low on funds :/

13. jeriann3

jeriann3

Jan 12, 2006
    Huntsville AL
    It would be great if they started shipping end of this month... but I'm thinking September will probably be the earliest....

I haven't seen as many folks chiming in that they'll upgrade from D300 to 300s version, as I did when the D200 came out, so maybe less waiting lists will help those who are getting a D300s. I'd love to have mine by mid-Sept for my Yellowstone/Teton trip...

I have my pre-order in!

14. there's post on FM about this. a guy got and email from amazon that the ship date was move up from Sept 16th to Sept 2nd i guess i should have mine on the 3rd then :biggrin:

mine is preordered at Ritz camera i got $180 off :) 

15. Chad

Chad

Jan 25, 2009
    Portland, OR

How did you get the discount?

~Chad

16. ex-millitary through AAFES

17. jeriann3

jeriann3

Jan 12, 2006
    Huntsville AL
    Congrats on the military discount ... you deserve it! Navy mom here....
    I ordered mine thru Ritz too.... hope the rumor is TRUE... would love to take it to the Tetons this year, leaving on the 9th...

18. amazon now shows

19. Amazon will be shipping D300s's starting Sept 2, the ship date has been moved forward. I have one on pre-order but quite frankly i'm now wondering why? I don't see any of the new features as being particularly advantageous particularly the camcorder part. I don't see any changes that will improve my IQ. Now if I could shoot BIF at 1600 ISO and get nice clean files, that would be a different story. But I don't see any changes to cause that to happen. Another thing is I don't feel justified in dumping my mint D300 for about $1100 just to get a few incidental features of not much benefit. What's in it for you guys? I'm curious:confused: .

Gene

20. the way i see it is the ISO should match that of the D90 at least..... and 1600 on the D90 is great long as your expose well

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.