D300s LCD screen and controls quit working

The screen and controls on the back do not work. It will not even let me reset the camera. Now it will only meter once when you turn the camera on and off...

This all started happening right after I purchased a 35 1.8 G at Best Buy yesterday. Is it possible that the lens caused this? I have had the camera act strange before but now this is for real. My wife is about to give birth so now I guess I have to send it in and borrow someones camera.... I think I am going back to exchange just in case so it doesnt fry a camera that I borrow.

Is the battery charged? Is the lens screwed on untill it clicks? Some lenses with the *** gasket are really tight untill you mount them a few times. GH

I have tried just about everything. It is allready in the box on its way back to Nikon. Luckily I have 2 weeks left in the warranty!! I am going to borrow a D90 form a friend in the meantime.

The only time I had something like that happen was with my D80 and that was because one of the buttons got cockeyed in the socket and was staying pressed. I havent had that happen with my D300 though and actually I think it was the Image Review button that did it.

Just the kind of thread I like reading just after receiving my D300s - not. :(

The camera has been great, I am sure yours will be fine. I have owned 3 different cameras and this is the first problem I have had with a Nikon product.

well........ got the camera back and it worked great. Unfortunatly when i was about to take pics of our newborn twin boys the camera died and it is worse than before.... back to Nikon it goes.

Latest threads

Top Bottom