D3200 new lens?

I did break down and spend $35 on a "Fundamentals of Photography" course by National Geographic. Hopefully it will help me get going. One of the "Great Courses" series.
Also been using Paint Shop Pro 2018 for touching up/editing images.
Again, thanks for all the tips and help - More to follow I am sure.
It's basic but a great intro. A wee bit dated now, but worth it at $35 (the only way to do it).

Just finished Chapter 2 of Nat Geo Fundamentals of Photography. Great for people like me who just dabbled around but were never serious about photography. Covers basics of shutter speed and aperture settings. First grade stuff for most of you, but really opened my eyes. A couple of sample images below. Image 1 is wide aperture setting (f/4.8) and 1/3 second shutter speed. Low light, no flash indoors. Image 2 is narrow aperature (f/18) and 4 second shutter speed. Clearly shows affect of aperture settings on Depth of Field.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

First grade stuff for most of you, but really opened my eyes.
After more than 35 years of photography, seeing that stuff is still lots of fun and is one of the great joys of photography for me. Just last night I made a closeup photo of some lasagna and seeing the difference between using f/16 and f/18 was just the little difference that took the image to the next level for me.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom