D40 grip

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by allstar25, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Is there a grip made for the D40 that also has a vertical shutter release button that works. I don't mind having a grip just for extra battery power, but I would also like a grip where I can shoot vertically a little easier. Anyone know where I can get one? Thanks,

2. TheHundreds

TheHundreds

Jun 26, 2008
    NYC
    i learned something, buy a battery girp if nikon made one for it, third party battery grips suck.

3. keko

keko

Jul 20, 2007
    Barcelona
    There's a third party battery grip for the D40, but the certical shutter works thru the infrared-remote, which means you can't autofocus with the vertical shutter, just release the shutter.

If you need a vertical shutter, you should consider upgrading to the D80 or D200.

4. I have the one from Opteka..it uses an Infared Shutter..I never use it..I mainly use use the grip for extra battery life.

5. 151proof

151proof

Jun 6, 2008
    SD
    When I had my D40 I purchased the Opteka grip with vertical shutter(Nikon never made a grip for the D40/X/60 models). But the trick was you had to turn it on to remote mode and pop the IR transmiter up on the grip to send the signal. Kind of a hassle but it worked for me.

6. Thanks. I heard that Opteka was fairly decent.