D40 grip

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by allstar25, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Is there a grip made for the D40 that also has a vertical shutter release button that works. I don't mind having a grip just for extra battery power, but I would also like a grip where I can shoot vertically a little easier. Anyone know where I can get one? Thanks,

2. TheHundreds

TheHundreds

Jun 26, 2008
    NYC
    i learned something, buy a battery girp if nikon made one for it, third party battery grips suck.

3. keko

keko

Jul 20, 2007
    Barcelona
    There's a third party battery grip for the D40, but the certical shutter works thru the infrared-remote, which means you can't autofocus with the vertical shutter, just release the shutter.

If you need a vertical shutter, you should consider upgrading to the D80 or D200.

4. I have the one from Opteka..it uses an Infared Shutter..I never use it..I mainly use use the grip for extra battery life.

5. 151proof

151proof

Jun 6, 2008
    SD
    When I had my D40 I purchased the Opteka grip with vertical shutter(Nikon never made a grip for the D40/X/60 models). But the trick was you had to turn it on to remote mode and pop the IR transmiter up on the grip to send the signal. Kind of a hassle but it worked for me.

6. Thanks. I heard that Opteka was fairly decent.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.