D40 is only 240 resolution for printing?

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by Joyseeker, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Joyseeker

Joyseeker Guest

[​IMG]

so would elements have said 300ppi RESOLUTION for max printing if i had gone for the D40x with this pic directly imported from NEF RAW?

2. jcovert

jcovert Guest

It would be greater, yes, but I would guess even bigger than 300 dpi. But yes, that is where you would see the pixel differences between the D40 and D40x.

(All this said, did you know you can print at a resolution of 2x the line screen and fool 99% of people? i.e. you can get away with 144 dpi and the like if you figure it out. You could also just print at 240 instead of 300 and the difference is barely noticable (putting it mildy). In general, you'd be amazed at what you can get away with in real-world resolution, as opposed to what the "rules" are. You gotta great cam no matter what.)

3. Lowolf

Lowolf

Jan 26, 2006
    Oregon
    actually it is 300dpi not 240 test this in the nikon software

4. yamo

yamo

Jun 28, 2007
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Dave,

The dpi for prints is settable... not a function of the camera. In the menu that you show read the "Learn more about: Image Size".

Cheers,

-Yamo-