1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

D40 RAW photos in CS3....

Discussion in 'Adobe Processing Products' started by Rverba74, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Sorry if this already has been posted, this means, this NEWBIE doesn't know how to use the search:confused:  sorry...

ok, I took pics in RAW this past weekend and I am trying to view them and also do alittle PP. But, for some reason I can't seem to open or even view them in CS3. I tried downloading from Adobe (The DNG converter) and still that did not work...hmmm what am I doing wrong?

If you have time to help a poor but dedicated soul out, I will appreciated it very much.

Thank You :smile:

Ron

2. In PSCS3 look in drop down menu Photoshop/About PlugIn/Camera Raw and see what version you have installed.
    The current is 4.5 for CS3 I think, that will work for a D40 anyhow.
    What did you do with the DNG converter? Where did you put it?
    Also are you PC or Mac?

3. Thank you for responding...

1) the version says 10.0

2) I went to the drop down menu and I didn't not see one for "Camera Raw"

3) When following the instructions from Adobe it said to add it to the desktop
    for easy access.

4) I am a PC user.

4. jhwalker

jhwalker

Jun 10, 2008
    United States
    Complete, step-by-step instructions for installing the latest update (Camera Raw 4.5) here:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=3943

starting at "To install with Adobe Creative Suite 3 or Photoshop CS3. . "

5. Thanks for that pointer John - that's a great family name !!

6. Cool, thank you very much. I will try it and let you know how it goes.
    If you have any other suggestions using different programs to view and Post process pics please let me know...

Thanks again

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.