D400 in September?

Real Name
Dan
I can't believe someone dredged Thom's month old article up. We must really be desparate. I guess nobody liked the sound of the recent Nikon Rumors upcoming body rumors which made no mention of a D400 or anything that sounded remotely similar.

There's a long thread going at FredMiranda that started out as "D400 in August". It's now been updated to "D400 in September". I think it will keep going for a while :wink:

Real Name
Dan
There's a long thread going at FredMiranda that started out as "D400 in August". It's now been updated to "D400 in September". I think it will keep going for a while :wink:
If they were smart they could simply not specify the year :mad:

Thom is a very bright fellow, and I for one certainly hope he is correct :wink:

Well he was certainly correct that a new SLR was going to be announced. But not the D400 as it turned out, but the D610 instead.

I'm not one of those doomsayers that doesn't think there will never be a D400. But just like Nikon finally seemed to get serious about making attractive compacts, I suspect they're going to wait until the DX market has fully collapsed (FX on high end, all mirrorless cameras except Nikon's own on low end) when they'll come out all guns blazing with a D400.

That has been crippled intentionally as to not hurt the D690 and D7800 sales too much. Maybe a low end 30 megapixel viewfinder (by then all electronic of course), only a 150 MP sensor while the rest of the market is at a solid 350, those kind of things.

My D300 is doing just fine. When the D400 (if arrives) then we'll see.
That's really the decision....all the bells and whistles of the latest and greatest do finally reach the ultimate decision point. Yesterday, I grabbed my wife's D40 in lieu of my D800 to take some quick playground shots of our grandchildren.

I have not loaded them yet, but I'll bet the D40 shots are more than "acceptable".

Real Name
Andreas Berglund
We are getting desperate! Wakey Wakey Nikon, your revenue is down, just release the D400 and instantly money is coming in ... :)

Well seriously seeing the desperate lens rebates in the US I don't think they are ready yet with new bodies. And the rumour of the D610 and D5300 points to me that Nikon are just not ready with a D400 and not with a D4X either.

In the meantime you can get great deals on D3000 and D3100 alone or with old kit lenses.

Points to me that the channel is full of unwanted old stuff, before it is empty I don't think there will be any new bodies coming out.

So we have to wait (quite a bit) longer I think....

In the meantime my old D800e and D700 will just have to do...

Real Name
Tim
I know a lot of people are/were looking forward to this body - I'm more excited about the rumored D610 - my next body will be full frame...I expect to have my D7000 for at least another year or so and when I do go to get new one it will be FX...

Why doesn't Nikon just make the D7100/D600 chassis all mag alloy, bump up the buffer for both cameras and uncripple with the D600 with it's low flash synch, anemic 39pt AF and lame 1/4000th max shutter speed! They'd automatically satisfy everyone, create a proper D300 replacement and make the D600 a true D800-lite. I don't mind the SD card slots or the limited controls, but the features I mentioned should be standard across the board for this class of camera.

Why doesn't Nikon just make the D7100/D600 chassis all mag alloy, bump up the buffer for both cameras and uncripple with the D600 with it's low flash synch, anemic 39pt AF and lame 1/4000th max shutter speed! They'd automatically satisfy everyone, create a proper D300 replacement and make the D600 a true D800-lite. I don't mind the SD card slots or the limited controls, but the features I mentioned should be standard across the board for this class of camera.

They could call it the D7400 and everyone would be happy.

Real Name
Randy
my d7100 is doing a great job and other than FPS and buffer I can hold on at least another 2 weeks:smile:

btw, that Thom is a proven genius

I know a lot of people are/were looking forward to this body - I'm more excited about the rumored D610 - my next body will be full frame...I expect to have my D7000 for at least another year or so and when I do go to get new one it will be FX...
Stop encouraging them!! :mad:

Not sure how long I can hold out, I really really want a D400. I have switched to Nikon from Pentax, I am willing to switch to Canon if they cater for me better.

Latest threads

Top Bottom