d50, 70-300vr and a Wild Alaskan Timbur Wolf

N

Nuteshack

my boy Sean captured this north of Fairbanks, today....gotta love it!!!

240mm @f5.6, 1/1600s
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

did u notice the bloody mug? ...woa!

Nice shot !

I am thinking about buying this lens, can I ask what you think of it ? I currently have a Tamron 70-300mm and feel that its very soft, practically impossible to hand hold at the longer range. Does the VR really make much difference ?

Thanks

Nuteshack,

seems that Sean has inherited your excellent talents. Pic reminds me of the
ad Nikon was running sometime ago in mags.

Well done Sean!

Regards

Anthony,

This lens is one of the best values from Nikon yet. Excellent sharpness upto
200 and very good from thereon. On a tripod even 300 is excellent.
VR is extremely useful and I have used it extensively in really harsh weather
recently. It also took 2 hard falls and kept on working. I chose to take it
over my 70-200 and did not regret the decision one bit.

Good Luck.

thanks for the reply tasnim, thats very interesting as it does appear to be good value for money. I'm going to go along to the nearest camera shop and see if I can try it out a little.

:biggrin:

I concur that the 70-300 VR is a great value for the money. My copy is very sharp all the way through the range and the VR works very well for when there just isn't enough light (which there never is when you're at f/5.6 and there isn't any sun out). It'll always have a place in my bag.

I think the 70-300 VR is great for an affordable walk about nature lens. I get decent shots on other lenses without VR so I am not totally sold on VR yet. At 300mm I still get my best shots on a tripod with VR off. I bought a used 300f4 and you can not beat the detail (well unless $$$ for a 2.8) but the 70-300 stays. Super shot!

N

Nuteshack

thanks for all kind words everyone ...i'll be sure and show Sean this thread,,,JR, u wouldn't have landed this shot with a tripod, and really that's what this lens is all about, you're right, it's a fantastic walk about..perfect for tromping through the bush of Alaska ....;-)))

N

Nuteshack

thanks for the kind words ...ya John ..he was a little close especially with all that fresh red on his mug ..lol
;-))

N

Nuteshack

thanks Amir, Brian, Josh ....the 70-300vr is all that...;-))

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom