D50 and D70S user manuals

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PhilY, Mar 29, 2005.

1. Phil,

Is think another prank or that info was legit. I can't get in. I guess everybodyyyyyy !!!!!!!! is checking that pdf file.

Did you by any chance saved it locally ? Can you email it ?

2. Didn't appear to be a prank -- looks like the real thing. If a fake, somebody had to hack the Nikon site PLUS go through a *whole* lot of trouble to produce them. Since Askey deleted the links at DPR and for other reasons, I'm thinking they are the real thing.

I did not save them. They actually are still there, just running *very* slow. I just did a "save as" to dl the D70S manual and it was coming at 2.2kb/sec. For a 23MB file, that means a 3 hour download. Needless to say I cancelled the dl.

It appeared to be an improved D70, probably fixing the most common boo-boos and adding a few features. One of the more interesting is a wired remote. That would seem to open the option for a batt pack. There is also a new kit lens for the D50 -- a 18-55DX F3.5/5.6. Appears to be aimed squarely at the 350XT.

Phil

3. Thank Phil.

I was able to get both manuals and honestly, nothing spectacular. Is Nikon ready to release D50, D70s and D200 in the same year ?. I wish I knew someone in HQ :) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.