D50 Discontinued?

my niece is going to be taling a photo class next year in high school. I want to get her a camera but don't want to spend a lot in case she doesn't like it. Is the D50 discontinued?
Forget the D40 or D40x-don't like it since it won't work with all the lenses

Ciao Deb,
I guess the D50 OR the D70s could be the right choice, althought I have no idea on what will happen to the D50.
Best wishes to your niece.. I hope she will enjoy the photographic course as I do with mine in Milan.. I couldn't live without... all my week is waiting for it while (greyly) working and I'd like to learn more and more..

The D50 is discontinued. You still might be able to find a shop that still has stock. Otherwise you'll have to look for a used one.

N

NitRam Den Gale

Yes the D50 is discontinued, at least here in Norway. It's nearly impossible to find one. The D70s does seem to persist though, has anyone seen a decline in D70s anywhere else in the world?

W

Wild Style

my niece is going to be taling a photo class next year in high school. I want to get her a camera but don't want to spend a lot in case she doesn't like it. Is the D50 discontinued?

Are lenses moving toward AF? I mean to say will the older ones be slowly phased out? If so I guess you can look at it as the D40 is future proof? *shrugs*

Are lenses moving toward AF? I mean to say will the older ones be slowly phased out? If so I guess you can look at it as the D40 is future proof? *shrugs*

I went to a shop on saturday, and they suddenly had one D50, and 2 D70s lying around,... yeah the salesman said, we sell the stuff other shops in the country can't sell, and they where damm right about that...
so i bought the D50 (First i bought the d70s, but the lens 28-80 was not in a good range and it would cost me to much money go get a decent set of lenses so i traded it yesterday for a D50 with a 15-55 dx lens.) so i am happy to get into the dslr with the d50.

But what i want to say, is now you can still find some leftover new d50-d70s camera's if you look for them and if you are lucky, in holland one web shop that still have them, but there getting less and less....

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DJ Matt

I'm pretty sure that the d40 replaced the d50, not 100% though

Latest threads

Top Bottom