D50 Filename Changed...How?

So the filenames on my D50 used to be DSC_xxxx.nef or .jpg. Recently I noticed that the filenames have changed so that they are now _DSCxxxx.nef or .jpg. I have looked through the menu to see if there is a way to change t back, but so far all I've seen is that I can reset the filename counter, but I don't want to do that. Anybody have any ideas as to how to fix this other than re-naming all of my files after I download them?

Thanks in advance.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
ahh, that is interesting. I've also noticed that when I open my pictures (even after converting them to .jpg) in CaptureNX, they really pop, but when I open them in ACDSee or any other image viewing program, they tend to look a bit flat. Is this due to the color space I choose, or is it just a crappy image viewing program?

I've noticed a change in the filename designation too and I thought it was because I inserted my brand new Sandisk 2GB card without formatting it first. The other 1GB cards work fine but between those 2 cards, the placement of "DSC" is different. I shoot RAW all the time, but on occasion JPG but not very often.

I hadn't considered the idea that it may have to do with the format chosen but it sounds right.

Laura

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom