1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

D50 Filename Changed...How?

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR Forum' started by Dave, May 2, 2007.

1. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    So the filenames on my D50 used to be DSC_xxxx.nef or .jpg. Recently I noticed that the filenames have changed so that they are now _DSCxxxx.nef or .jpg. I have looked through the menu to see if there is a way to change t back, but so far all I've seen is that I can reset the filename counter, but I don't want to do that. Anybody have any ideas as to how to fix this other than re-naming all of my files after I download them?

Thanks in advance.

2. It depends on the color space you choose. _DSCxxx is Adobe RGB and DSC_xxx is sRGB.

3. Thanks Phil. I was wondering the same thing and noticed it happend around the time I tried adobe RGB.

4. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    ahh, that is interesting. I've also noticed that when I open my pictures (even after converting them to .jpg) in CaptureNX, they really pop, but when I open them in ACDSee or any other image viewing program, they tend to look a bit flat. Is this due to the color space I choose, or is it just a crappy image viewing program?

5. I've noticed a change in the filename designation too and I thought it was because I inserted my brand new Sandisk 2GB card without formatting it first. The other 1GB cards work fine but between those 2 cards, the placement of "DSC" is different. I shoot RAW all the time, but on occasion JPG but not very often.

I hadn't considered the idea that it may have to do with the format chosen but it sounds right.

Laura

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.