1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

D50 lost...........4 photos

Discussion in 'Birds' started by cajun angel, Aug 29, 2008.

1. To my 11 yr old daughter! I discovered these a few minutes ago while getting my gear ready for a photo shoot in the morning. I don't know when she took them or how long it took her - I hope I didn't mess them up doing pp on them. Guess I'll go back and put them through photo shop. I'm glad I looked before deleting them! :rolleyes: 

2809249279_8daab73a52_b.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2809249527_38773ca581_b.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 245070

View attachment 245071

2. Looks like you got some competition on your hands Dianne. An upcoming star photographer.

3. excellent start!

I love them - wish I had someone to share my photography with

4. Thanks Guys! Guess I better start checking the settings for her before she gets it - I was surprised when I saw these! I just went back and put some of them through photo shop - I had used a quickie "nikon view" the first time. She seems to really like photography, I hope she'll be better than me! She'll be getting her best photos printed for her album.

On a side note, the kids got started in photography back at the 2nd annual bar b que in AL. They had so much fun! Some of the cafe gang ended up photographing them - one of my all time favorites is one taken by Dave Watts - my youngest in persuit with camera after a goose. He was wearing a Nikon cap. I'll have to find the CD that I saved it to and post it - if Dave doesn't beat me to it.

5. Yep, kiss that D50 goodbye! She's got an eye!

6. That's what I'm afraid of! LOL! :eek: :biggrin:

7. tektite

tektite

Jan 23, 2006
    SE NH
    Great shots! Especially the "attack cat".

Gary

8. good to see she has a interest in photography, it is a good hobby for youngins., very cool.

9. Thanks! All 3 kids have their own cameras. BUT they're quickly learning about quality in equipment! I try to supervise all 3 when there's something they really want to try for with the D50. Josh is the youngest and I generally put the camera on a tripod for him. Mariam is good at hand-holding - I'll have to grab a photo of her! Jimmy likes to use either the bean bag or the tripod.

Thanks Gary! Simba is a tarnished silver bengal. HE's quite a character! I couldn't help but chuckle when I saw that photo - what an expression on that cat's face!

10. great eye indeed! So good of you to encourage her skill and interest.

11. Thanks Dave! Who knows, that kid will be better than me for sure! There were more photos - one funny shot of a grackle, but it was a bit too blurred to post. She does seem to have the eye! She'll be encouraged for sure!

12. InLimbo87

InLimbo87

Jul 30, 2008
    Orlando, Fl
    I like the composition on the one with the mouse. As others have said, it looks like you're D50 is taken! :biggrin:

13. dianne,
    that is SO cool
    wonderful shots
    and something to warm all of our hearts

what a great thread

14. Thanks Greg! Mariam seems to really like shooting photos! These just seemed to stick out to me more than others. Guess she's trying for the same subjects as me. :eek:  Just hope she doesn't start learning about lens lust! :rolleyes: 

15. Thanks Ian! Mariam didn't have a bit of help from me! And yeah, guess I"m gonna start a wish list for another back up cam! Seriously, I'm very proud, My Mom started me out at the age of 8 and all 3 kids seem to have a good time with it too! As for da rat, we live trap them and then release over where a swainsen's hawk hangs out. Then it's "show time!" I practice my panning techniques while he's after the rat. Smart, huh!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.