D50 owners - what memory cards does it take ?

I bought a D50 on fleaBay for the better half. It arrives tomorrow. I need to get a memory card, but I don't know what it takes (some sort of SD card, I think).

SD ? SDHC ? Other ?

Thanks,

B

Bill N

I have one and I think the largest card that works well is the 2GB, non SDHC. Some have luck getting larger cards to work but I never have been able to even get non SDHC cards larger than 2GB to work right. They don't seem to play well with my PC or camera. Have fun, great little camera for sure!

Unless your other half is shooting loads then a 2gb card should be plenty, that's all I have with my D50 and I never manage to fill it.

Thanks to all who responded. I picked up a Sandisk Extreme-III 2Gb card at Staples for $20.

Camera has arrived and the instruction has begun. The student is a little overwhelmed but I'm sure that will wear off once she starts shooting and seeing the results. I've started her in 'Auto' with the 50mm f1.8 to get her going.

Thanks,

Get out of "auto" - all your using it as then is a glorified P&S. Put it in AV mode and start learning what aperture does.

Have fun with the learning - it gets frustrating at first - but once things start to click - the curve goes fast.

Auto is a good place to start for a complete novice though, and I still use it when I don't want to worry about apertures or exposures. But do quickly move onto A priority before she gets too comfortable with Auto so she gets the hang of DoF, especially with the 50mm f/1.8 which should give you quite a large range of DoF.

This is my wife we are talking about. It's a bloody miracle I can get her to pick up the camera, let alone press the shutter :smile:

This is going to take baby steps... and a long time. It really is a case of me taking the horse to the water and hoping like hell it'll drink :rolleyes:

This is my wife we are talking about. It's a bloody miracle I can get her to pick up the camera, let alone press the shutter :smile:

This is going to take baby steps... and a long time. It really is a case of me taking the horse to the water and hoping like hell it'll drink :rolleyes:

Don't push her too hard, you don't want her contracting NAS and sneaking off with the "good glass"!

Don't push her too hard, you don't want her contracting NAS and sneaking off with the "good glass"!

Exactly. When the camera arrived, it took me quite a while to decide which lens to start her off with. I went with the 50mm because it's light and simple, and told her to zoom with her feet.

Latest threads

Top Bottom