D50 Problem/Question

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by blessedLens, May 15, 2007.

1. blessedLens

blessedLens

Apr 20, 2007
    Maryland
    i've noticed a thin horizontal line from the left focus point area to the left side when i look through my viewfinder. The thin line doesn't show up in images and has no effect on IQ but I am wondering why it's there.

Anyone know?

2. These are normal. I never noticed them on my D50 and then one day they just showed up. If you look in your manual, go to the troubleshooting section and they call this a natural phenomena or something like that. No worries though.

Eddie

3. LAW2

LAW2

Oct 24, 2006
    JAX
    This is normal and I imagine only shows up when you half press the shutter. This is the focus point charging and turning black. If you select the bottom focus point you'll notice a verticle line.

4. blessedLens

blessedLens

Apr 20, 2007
    Maryland
    thank you guys for clearing this up.
    i was worried for a second.

5. hansonator

hansonator Guest

I got a problem with my D50. The status screeen on the top right of my camera appears a little fainter than normal. It was quite cold today. Around 11degreees celsius when i used the camera. Is this just due to the cold or is it due to something else

6. hkgharry

hkgharry

Apr 1, 2007
    Hong Kong
    I think it will appear, going from the selected focus bracket to the nearest edge of the viewfinder, whenever the camera is turned on. It is likely most noticeable when looking at something bright.