D50 sesor location

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by two slow, Sep 7, 2008.

1. two slow

two slow

Apr 22, 2006
    Talladega, Al
    Does anyone have a picture of the sensor in their D50? If so could you post it here.
    I think mine is off to the left side a bit to much.
    Thanks.

2. Are you serious?

Your CCD sensor?

3. two slow

two slow

Apr 22, 2006
    Talladega, Al
    Am I serious? yes I still use a D50

4. What makes you think it is off to one side?

5. I was asking are you serious that you think your sensor is actually moved to the left side, inside your camera.

I would assume that if the sensor actually got jarred enought to move the sensor, you would break all kinds of electrical connections, especially since it's built like a computer chip.

As far as the D50, the D50 was one of the best cameras until the D3 for high ISO shooting...... owned (2) of them.... great camera. :biggrin:

6. JustEd

JustEd

Jul 21, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Sensor means a lot of things

Imaging sensor really can't move unless you trash the body. BUT, he could mean focusing sensor(s) or exposure sensor(s).

7. JCole

JCole Guest

It's not dead center with the body, it's dead center inside the lens mount! If ya take the lens off and do a mirror lock up for sensor cleaning you will see it, just dont stick anything in there!

8. two slow

two slow

Apr 22, 2006
    Talladega, Al
    Sometimes my smartazz side comes out without me even knowing. Someday i need to get a DR. to check that out.
    I was asking because I haven't gotten what I consider a really sharp picture out of this camera. After my last outing I cleaned the sensor and noticed that it was off to one side more than what it seems it should be. A few millimeters.
    That's why I was hoping someone could post a picture of theirs.

9. JustEd

JustEd

Jul 21, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    How did you clean your sensor and is this when the problem started?

10. two slow

two slow

Apr 22, 2006
    Talladega, Al
    I use the cooper hill cleaning method. I have had this body for a couple years i think. I got it used. When I compare the photos from this to the D70s, D80, and a couple D200's, that I had owned, the shots are always just a little soft. I adjusted the focus screws and it never really improved. I made it worse then put it to where it was as sharp as it was going to get. I used three different lenses to do this.
    If I could afford to send it to nikon I would. I would rather find a brick and mortar shop to look it over. But not having any luck finding anything close to here.

11. Send it in to KEH in Atlanta, GA. Good, affordable and completely reliable.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.