D50 Shutter release problem...

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by shadow, Sep 26, 2008.

1. I have a d50 with close to 12,000 actuations on it.

It was working just fine until one day it quit working just fine.

When the shutter release button is pushed you can hear the mirror rotate up as it should, but it does not come back down, it "sticks" until you press the shutter release again. The shutter is set on 1/125th but it is like it is in "bulb" type mode or something.

I contacted Nikon and what they told me was to use a formatted card, charge the battery completely, and do a two button reset. All of which I have done. However it has not fixed the problem.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Did you have it repaired? How much did it cost? Any other suggestions for me to try?

Thanks in advance

2. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Unless your camera is stuck on the sensor cleaning lock up mode I can't really see what is wrong with it. Even on bulb mode you have to hold the button else it'll close.

If it's the same system as in England sending to Nikon for a repair estimate will be free of charge, you can then decide if you want the repair work to be done or not.

3. tjk60

tjk60

Dec 4, 2007
    troy, mi
    any error on the top screen? simliar to my D200 problem, the shutter was broke, but I got an 'Err' on top LCD

4. Yes there is an "err" on the top screen when it does this.

5. tjk60

tjk60

Dec 4, 2007
    troy, mi
    Off to Nikon it should go....

6. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Yeah, let them find out exactly what is wrong...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.