1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

D50 shutter release

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR Forum' started by MIG_at_Mid-Illini, Jun 17, 2007.

1. I have not been able to get my D50 to capture an image ANY TIME - EVERY TIME I push the shutter release. I have moved the focus from the shutter half press to the rear and do it with my thumb.

Unlike my D200, which I have configured the same way for focus, that captures an image on every shutter press, the D50 won't do it unless the image is in focus and I have a solid green circle (focus) at the far left in the view finder. I would rather have an image slightly out of focus then no image at all.

Is there a way?

thanks

2. On the D50, you will need to set your camera to AF-C, Continuous Servor AF or release priority. The camera will then take a picture upon release of the shutter, no matter if subject is in focus or not.

Hope this helps.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.