1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

D500 and Sigma Macro Ring Flash sync issue

Discussion in 'General flash photography, lighting, and technique' started by cybertec69, Jun 14, 2018.

1. I own the Sigma EM-140DG Macro Ring Flash, the flash synced just fine with the D500 before the most recent firmware update by Nikon, has anyone else with the same flash and camera have the same issue. I emailed Nikon and waiting for a response.

2. Here is the ludicrous response I received from Nikon.

Screenshot_20180618-090148.

And here is my response to Nikon.

Screenshot_20180618-090812.

3. Nikon responded to me and pretty much told me the flash is a paper weight, as it will not work with current Nikon bodies, this was done on purpose by Nikon, I was also told that I should be using Nikon flashes, another absurd response from Nikon. First they tried to tell me it was the lens that I was using, even though I never told them what type of lens I was using or who manufactured it, I told them the lens I was using worked just fine with the D500 or any other Nikon F mount DSLR, it was the Flash that no longer synced with the camera, which has NOTHING to do with the lens being used..

4. Update, I send the flash to Sigma for a firmware update, let's see what happens.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.