D500 battery exchange

I talked to a Nikon rep today. She said it takes 1-2 days to email out the mailing labels once you have provided proof of purchase, 4 - 5 days for the batteries to ship from your home to Nikon, 1 - 2 days for them to physically check your batterries and package up the replacements, and 4 - 5 days for them to ship back to your house.

So it sounds like two weeks is about the best you can expect if there are no delays and they are not swamped. She also said everyone east of the Mississippi ships to NY and everyone west ships to CA. So where you live may impact the time-line.

I called, they registered and opened a case. I just updated my case by uploading a copy of my invoice, now I wait to see what they tell me to do next.

One of the problems with the program is that if you mail them all of your batts, you have nothing to shoot with until new ones arrive. Being with out my D810 or D500 for 2 weeks would be hard to take. And I need at least 2 in hand - one each for the body and the grip.

I asked the rep and he suggested sending in the batts in 2 batches so that I always have at least 2 at home. Still not clear if I need 2 separate labels, but that seems likely. I may just photocopy the first one and then pay for the shipping for the second one on my own, assuming of course that the postage with the label is paid by N which is by no means assured. That is what I plan to do. By the way, if you are NPS, mention it and I think N may expedite the swap.

Real Name
Randy
I was surprised when I discovered I had 2 01's and 2 20's.
When I bought the D7200 and grip I bought an extra battery that was a 20, this was when the D7200 came out so the 20's were around back then. I think 01's may have only been shipped with cameras. In any event getting 2 new batteries for 2 used ones for free sounds good to me

The only -01 I had was the one the dealer sent as a spare when I ordered the D500 so they are still out there. When I ordered the D810 a few weeks later I specifically asked for a -20 spare.
Nikon sent me the return label as an e-mail the same day I had uploaded a scanned copy of my invoice, the battery was in shipment the next day.

The only -01 I had was the one the dealer sent as a spare when I ordered the D500 so they are still out there. When I ordered the D810 a few weeks later I specifically asked for a -20 spare.
Nikon sent me the return label as an e-mail the same day I had uploaded a scanned copy of my invoice, the battery was in shipment the next day.
Just got my label now in email, printing and will take to UPS shortly. The only thing I need to add is a note on why the return, it will be a short note, and away they go.

I dropped my return off at a UPS Store Saturday. My account was updated Monday and shows "resolved" which I'm assuming means they received my return and, in theory, have sent my replacement. If things go as scheduled, it should arrive today if they sent it out UPS ground. If it went USPS, then it's anyone's guess when I'll see it!

I called Nikon last Thursday morning and did the dance with registering my cameras and following up the email with my scanned sales receipt.
Then heard nothing from Nikon.

Today I chatted with support asking where my labels were....
The customer support rep confirmed that they had received my proof of purchase and said she would investigate and expedite.
I received my shipping label about an hour later.
Off they go to UPS in the morning.

Nikon USA shipped my replacement exactly 1 week after they received my trade-in. The box was absurdly large considering it's contents.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom