D500 Firmware Update

Real Name
Ian
Have you removed ("Forget This Device") the D500 in BT Settings? Try that prior to trying to re-pair the phone after the update.

If that doesn't help, try this: remove any connections with the D500 in BT settings, then go to SETTINGS -> GENERAL -> RESET and Tap the RESET NETWORK SETTINGS and do a reset. Your phone will do a restart on its own. I have used this several times in the past to resolve both BT, cell, and Wifi connection issues and each time it has been quite successful. FWIW - this is also step 1 if you call AppleCare with a networking or BT linking problem, so ....

NOTE: Don't tap the other resets as you may end up with a "new" phone as they can clear everything on your phone!! There will be dire warnings that popup!! If you're just resetting the network, just say OK!!

NOTE 2: After reseting your network settings, you will need to rejoin your wifi network, so make sure you have your password handy. It also resets your phone's name to "iPhone" so if you have a specific name already, as I do (Ken's iPhone XR) you'll need to re-enter that in the ABOUT section (helps me ID who's phone is connected in our car ... mine or my wife's!). Although the reset does clear wifi network info, it will not clear established BT connections. Problem BT connections must be removed manually ("Forget this device" in BT settings).

Ken
I'll give this a go when I get home Ken, and report back on my findings.

Real Name
Andrew
Have you removed ("Forget This Device") the D500 in BT Settings? Try that prior to trying to re-pair the phone after the update.

If that doesn't help, try this: remove any connections with the D500 in BT settings, then go to SETTINGS -> GENERAL -> RESET and Tap the RESET NETWORK SETTINGS and do a reset. Your phone will do a restart on its own. I have used this several times in the past to resolve both BT, cell, and Wifi connection issues and each time it has been quite successful. FWIW - this is also step 1 if you call AppleCare with a networking or BT linking problem, so ....

NOTE: Don't tap the other resets as you may end up with a "new" phone as they can clear everything on your phone!! There will be dire warnings that popup!! If you're just resetting the network, just say OK!!

NOTE 2: After reseting your network settings, you will need to rejoin your wifi network, so make sure you have your password handy. It also resets your phone's name to "iPhone" so if you have a specific name already, as I do (Ken's iPhone XR) you'll need to re-enter that in the ABOUT section (helps me ID who's phone is connected in our car ... mine or my wife's!). Although the reset does clear wifi network info, it will not clear established BT connections. Problem BT connections must be removed manually ("Forget this device" in BT settings).

Ken

Good point. I should clarify that I did not have my D500 synced to the Pixel 2 XL until after the firmware update, so perhaps a "clean" connection will help.

I use an iPhone 8 Plus with latest v12.2 iOS. The Wi-Fi works great for downloading photos. It works a lot like the D750/WMU app setup I use. I did not test Bluetooth yet. Unfortunately, I won't be able to test it in a full arena any time soon.

Real Name
Ian
I FINALLY managed to get WiFi to work on my D500's.

I use an app called Cascable, and I’m able to connect to the camera’s WiFi, remote control the camera, transfer pictures to my phone, etc.

I’m very happy that’s I don’t have to deal with SnapBridge anymore.

McQ

Still looking to break 80 consistently.
Real Name
Glenn
Thanks for the heads up, Rick!

1. Download F-D500-V131M.dmg.
  2. Double-click the F-D500-V131M.dmg icon to mount a disk image containing a folder named “D500Update”, which in turn contains the following file:
    • D500_0131.bin (the camera firmware)
  3. Using a card slot or card reader, copy “D500_0131.bin” to a memory card that has been formatted in the camera.
    Note: Be sure to copy the firmware to the root (top-most) directory of the memory card. The camera will not recognize the new firmware if it is placed in a folder under the root directory.
  4. Insert the memory card into the camera and turn the camera on.
  5. Select Firmware version in the SETUP MENU and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the firmware update.
  6. Once the update is complete, turn the camera off and remove the memory card.
  7. Confirm that the firmware has been updated to the new version.
Note: For more detailed instructions or information on the equipment needed to complete the update, download the following pdf file:
DSLR_Firmup_Mac_En.pdf (PDF) (0.17 MB)

Last edited:

Latest threads

Top Bottom