D500 ISO question

Real Name
Dan
Funny thing is that, although I do have a built-in vertical grip, I mostly tend to chicken-wing verticals anyway.
When I need to go vertical there's rarely time to switch grip position. Consequently I never use the vertical grip enough to get comfortable with it so use it even less. I've got it on the D850 so I can use the bigger battery and get the higher frame rate. But almost always do the "chicken wing"(never heard it called that :D).

Real Name
Dan
...All we're really looking for is a way to compare cameras that is consistent across formats, and I think that is what Bill Claff's PDR is. Based on my experience with quite a few Nikon cameras (and one Olympus) his PDR is quite consistent with my experience.
You posted this while I was typing my previous post and I didn't read it well.

I do agree that PDR is probably the best thing out there as an objective indicator of potential IQ between two camera bodies. With one caveat. If one plans to use uncropped(or identically cropped) images to produce the same output.

When I need to go vertical there's rarely time to switch grip position. Consequently I never use the vertical grip enough to get comfortable with it so use it even less. I've got it on the D850 so I can use the bigger battery and get the higher frame rate. But almost always do the "chicken wing"(never heard it called that :D).

I had a D2X years ago and more often than not, I forgot to use the secondary shutter release when shooting verticals, and I just as often found myself holding the camera and having it seemingly fire at will - the secondary shutter lock would have been moved accidentally.
Yeah, so I'm a chicken wing guy too, and usually end up knocking my baseball cap off my head :eek:

Real Name
Ian
I don't do hats — even at the Equator in the mid-day sun.
But I am English!
:)
I prefer to not expose my scalp to the sun's UV rays for hours on end during the summer, especially because my head isn't easily covered in sunblock like my arms, neck, legs, etc.

A hat with UV-resistant fabric is cheap, easy, helps prevent skin cancer, and keeps me cooler all at the same time.

Gee, now we're discussing hats? Wow has this thread morphed. I guess wine can't be far away...
Unknown.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

From Google (not me, nor my picture)

Latest threads

Top Bottom