D500 settings - amount of time to display image after shooting:

I took the battery out of my D500 for a few weeks while I wasn't using it. Now that I'm using it again the amount of time the image displays on the back panel before disappearing seems much longer than before. Changing the settings in the custom menu (c4) seems to have no effect on the amount of time the image is displayed. Am I looking in the wrong menu?

Thanks all, and yes, I reviewed the owners manual and c4 is the menu where I changed the time for the image review. To be specific, my issue is the time for the brief display of the image shown after taking a photo (c4 should be the right menu but seems to have no effect) on the rear display, not the time for viewing an image in playback mode initiated via the blue playback arrow button.

Could having the battery out of the camera for a few weeks have any effect on this?

The internal battery that powers the clock and bios may have lost charge---it is powered by the larger battery. Is the camera keeping time and date correctly?
Yes, it seems to have kept the time and date correctly, I didn't need to reset that once I installed the battery.

I have Image Review set for 2 seconds and it actually lasts 30 seconds.

Any of this help?

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks, Nick, that's helpful and those are the sections of the manual I reviewed and implemented. Not sure what's happening, may require a trip to my local camera shop to get their take on it. I don't think it's a setting problem so much as a camera fault perhaps related to having the battery out for a few weeks. I may copy all my settings, do a total factory default reset and then set them to my preferences again.

I appreciate everyone's input!

Two ways:

1. To perform a reset you need to manually choose the reset option in the Shooting Menu and the Setup menu. To do this press 'Menu', select the Shooting Menu and scroll through the options until 'Reset Shooting Options' is highlighted, press ok, highlight 'Yes' and press ok again. Repeat this for the Setup menu.

Two ways:

1. To perform a reset you need to manually choose the reset option in the Shooting Menu and the Setup menu. To do this press 'Menu', select the Shooting Menu and scroll through the options until 'Reset Shooting Options' is highlighted, press ok, highlight 'Yes' and press ok again. Repeat this for the Setup menu.

2. View attachment 1636517
Thanks, Nick, you can tell I haven't memorized the menu. Frankly, the reason I took the battery out of the camera was because I'm thinking of selling my D500 kit (a few lenses, body, flash, some accessories) since I rarely use it anymore. I've gotten used to my Oly OM-D-M1 and it's a far smaller bag of tricks with less weight.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom