D500 XQD Card does not Seat (lock in)

I will be inserting/ejecting xqd cards from my D500 very gingerly from now on based on this thread.
indeed.... I will be using my SD for a while... Pending APS to get the part in and then, send in my camera for the repair. UGH.. too fragile of a part IMO...

APS recommended I Call Nikon on this issue, so I did. AS I need my camera for Bald Eagle season and the SD Card slot works fine.
But I called NIkon and they said, we can repair that and emailed me a pre-paid shipping label. I told the guy, this is no longer under the 1 year Warranty, and he said, that is ok.. we will address your problem... I asked, is there a fee, he stated, I do not think you will be charged for the repair. So after this trip, I will ship it off and see..

APS recommended I Call Nikon on this issue, so I did. AS I need my camera for Bald Eagle season and the SD Card slot works fine.
But I called NIkon and they said, we can repair that and emailed me a pre-paid shipping label. I told the guy, this is no longer under the 1 year Warranty, and he said, that is ok.. we will address your problem... I asked, is there a fee, he stated, I do not think you will be charged for the repair. So after this trip, I will ship it off and see..

Merry Christmas from Nikon? :)

I thought it odd, but APS told me when I asked them to order the part and then I would send my camera in.. To Call Nikon as they would take care of this. Seems everyone knows, the design is bad

I'm having the same issue with my less than two month old D500, how was your issue solved as Nikon is currently saying its not a warranty issue?

I've just had the same thing happen to my D500. Sent off to Nikon by local repair shop, $528 estimate. I think I've heard that the XQD interface is on tha main board, so an expensive fix. Can't be certain of the cause, but local guy found a small piece of plastic in the XQD slot from the Sony G series XQD card, thinks it might have caused breakage of the capture tabs. I've sent card back to Sony since at least it is under warranty even if the camera is not.
Peter

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
D850's XQD slot is completely different than the D500's. I own both.
Good news for us D850 owners.....

BTW - I recently sent in a lens for repair....and Nikon is repairing it at NO COST - even though it is about 4-5 months out of warranty. A turn around for Niikon.....???????????????

Real Name
Ken
Wow! I would never have expected that kind of service from Nikon. I hope they come through for you.

--Ken

I'm having the same issue with my less than two month old D500, how was your issue solved as Nikon is currently saying its not a warranty issue?
what I am told is the tiny, little plastic clip in the xqd lock that if you insert the xqd in upside down or backward, it will snap the plastic part off easily.

Latest threads

Top Bottom