D500 XQD file transfers....Samsung Galaxy 10

I have no problem, with a few attachments, transferring images from standard SD cards to my tablet, but so far trying it directly from camera to tablet or using a card reader via some wire hook ups to tablet, nothing has worked. I know the card reader functions with my PC and my SD card/card reader will transfer to my Tablet just fine. Is Bluetooth my only other option?

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Here is the set up I have used when traveling light is of the utmost importance. This set up is strictly for backing up my images....and using the Samsung Galaxy 8.2" tablet for internet, reading, etc.

Samsung Galaxy 8.2" tablet... .7 lbs
Micro USB to USB OnTheGo adapter .1 lbs
Powered USB 3 hub* (still need to pick one out) .4 ish lbs or less
card reader (already have) .2 lbs
2TB portable WD HD (already have) .3 lbs

TOTAL = about 1.7 lbs!

This will give me wi-fi connectivity at public hot places and the ability to save images from CF/SD cards directly to a portable HD using Total Commander app!

* I will get USB 3 powered hub so that I can use it at home if I want. I realize that I won't get USB3 speeds on travel with the devices above...

I am using something now that will transfer standard SD cards with no issue. Standard Samsung plug in to USB adapter. It just does not seem to work with the XGB cards though. After hooking it up, nothing shows on the tablet. All files are in RAW, but I have transferred RAW files before from a SD card. The card reader then goes into the USB end, but again, nothing shows on the Samsung.

1367865512000_964912_zpspyje6nt3.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
[/URL]

Attachments

• 1367865512000_964912_zpspyje6nt3.jpg
    1367865512000_964912_zpspyje6nt3.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 85

Latest threads

Top Bottom