D5100 controls?

Hello, anyone who has the D5100 and another Nikon with controls on the back of the camera have a problem adapting to no controls on the back left side? Does it throw you off or did you adapt. Thanks

It might be a pain for a while, but if you shoot both eventually it would become less & less of an issue. If someone wants to loan me a D5100 I'll use it along with my D300 & see if I acclimate to the differences. ;-)

It might be a pain for a while, but if you shoot both eventually it would become less & less of an issue. If someone wants to loan me a D5100 I'll use it along with my D300 & see if I acclimate to the differences. ;-)

OK then pass it on to me. Must not be many D5100 users yet or don't have more than one camera.

The adjustment for me continues with the D5100. I am so used to the D700 and D300 (Just Sold) that at first it was a bit awkward using the D5100 but at the same time pretty easy to find things. I'll admit that I miss the "extra" controls but my adapting to the D5100 has been pretty pain free. There are times when I need to quick switch via a knob/thumb wheel that I don't have on the D5100, but I can really run through the Information window very quickly now and get the settings that I need. I suspect in time that I will be more familiar with the controls and able to navigate with comfort.

Hello, anyone who has the D5100 and another Nikon with controls on the back of the camera have a problem adapting to no controls on the back left side? Does it throw you off or did you adapt. Thanks

Coming from D700/D7000 I have had no problems adapting, at all.

Actually, I find having the playbackbutton at thumbs reach very convenient. Also love the relocated video-record button, works great!

Picked up a D5100 last week & so far I am not having any issues with the button placement. I'm really enjoying the camera.

As a D5100 owner,
The only thing I have to watch for is when I rotate the camera vertical, I sometimes have accidently hit the command dial as my thumb rotates on the thumb rest.

Apologies, I don't have any other Nikon "heavy duty" body experience to compare to...

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom