D5500 Viewfinder issue

I just got a like-new D5500 from MPB.com. Everything appears perfect except in the viewfinder display where the shutter speed should appear there are unreadable characters. It's like the first two digits are only partially showing.

Any ideas?

It appears that the second digit from the left in the shutter speed display is missing some parts. For example, if the SS is 1/1000 it shows 1#00, where the "#" is just two parts of the 0.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Seems to be two possiblities:
- Internal software problem
- the display is faulty

Jim, I would send it back and ask for guaranty or replacement.

All the best
Klaus

Seems to be two possiblities:
- Internal software problem
- the display is faulty

Jim, I would send it back and ask for guaranty or replacement.

All the best
Klaus

Thanks for the suggestion, Klaus, but it's now too late for me to do an immediate exchange since my wife and I are leaving for Costa Rica tomorrow and we need this camera. I have e-mailed MPB.com about the problem but have gotten no response yet. I hope they'll make it right after we return, but I'm beginning to lose faith in this company. My problems are detailed in another thread.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
I believe that issue has no influence on the pictures you'll shoot.

Enjoy your trip and kind regards to your wife
Klaus

Thanks for the suggestion, Klaus, but it's now too late for me to do an immediate exchange since my wife and I are leaving for Costa Rica tomorrow and we need this camera. I have e-mailed MPB.com about the problem but have gotten no response yet. I hope they'll make it right after we return, but I'm beginning to lose faith in this company. My problems are detailed in another thread.

Have a safe trip and enjoy your travels.
Looking forward to your pictures.

Latest threads

Top Bottom