D6 ordered !

I own the D5. There is no sense of urgency to commit to the D6. I'll read reviews regarding the D6 but won't order until I rent the body and put it through it's paces. It seems like we're at a crossroads here ML vs DSLR and this upgrade accordingly will require more thought. Feels good not to feel urgency on this one.

In my case I never felt any interest for mirrorless. It's not my thing nor my way of shooting, do it's a due choice, also because I have this opportunity *now* once in my life. From D4s I expect the improvement to be more substantial on a number of things.

In my case I never felt any interest for mirrorless. It's not my thing nor my way of shooting, do it's a due choice, also because I have this opportunity *now* once in my life. From D4s I expect the improvement to be more substantial on a number of things.
This is why I will continue shooting with a DSLR like my D500 and D850, and I am sure the D6 will not disappoint just like the D5 and D4/D4s before it.

From Nikon's D6 product description on their website.

Clear, lag-free optical viewfinder.
The brilliant optical viewfinder in the D6 was designed for clear, real-time visibility with a natural, stress-free viewing experience under various lighting conditions, even during long hours of shooting.

Real Name
Randy
This is why I will continue shooting with a DSLR like my D500 and D850, and I am sure the D6 will not disappoint just like the D5 and D4/D4s before it.

The brilliant optical viewfinder in the D6 was designed for clear, real-time visibility with a natural, stress-free viewing experience under various lighting conditions, even during long hours of shooting.
That could also describe the D5s VF

Real Name
Colin Carter

To be honest though, if that's all they have got to say about the camera, its a sad state of affairs and doesn't say alot about what Nikon have actually been doing the last 4 years since the D5. The viewfinder isn't even as high mag as the one in the d850.

I think Nikon, been in some financial trouble, have pushed this out to get extra revenue without much outlay except for abit of paint to fill in the 5 on the front but it could backfire as I'm not sure if alot of D5 shooters are actually going to bother to upgrade.

People who haven't already got a D5 might go either way too, seeing the reduced price d5 as a better purchase without sacrificing much in the wayof new features.

I do hope the af system is top notch which could be the d6's saving grace but then again the d5 wasn't exactly c**p in the af department.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom