D6 to ship later this month

Real Name
Randy
Randy, how do you handle your high school sports noise wise? I'm always on a deadline, so I usually use the jpgs with in camera NR and a touch more NR in Camera Raw.
I don’t use any noise reduction except in Camera. Too many pictures to process. The D5 is very strong at I SO 8000

Real Name
Randy
Same here - I'll run a batch through camera raw as well. I usually have to shoot at 12,800 for football
I could go that high but it usually means there’s not light to see faces so the pic probably won’t sell anyway so 8k is my sign to go home. I rate hs stadiums by ISO. The county is slowly adding LCD lighting which results in a 6400 stadium which is great

Darn.. a bit of a delay in shipping from Toronto to Thunder Bay...may not get the D6 today...but on a good note from Kay.
"Got some great feedback from friends in Korea who's testing the D6. AF system is definitely a huge upgrade from the D5 lol crazy."

Real Name
Dale
Here is the problem I see, are local camera stores going to invest in a D6 for the store right after reopening? I would be surprised if my local store had a D6 to try. I may request one to try through NPS. However, the D5 I am using is really all I need. It makes me smile when I use it.

I am on a waitlist for the D6, and have not received mine yet, but I have already found a fatal flaw with the D6. The D6 is suffering from not being in my hands yet. I'm not checking inventory twice a day at all...

-A

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom