D600 again with White Balance query

Anyone familiar with the D600 will know that in the Settings Menu there are two options for Auto White Balance, Auto 1 and Auto 2.
I have it set at No1 but come have commented about a slight bluish tinge to my pics. Option 2 preserves warmer colours. Anybody any opinions on this matter
merv:smile:

It doesn't matter because if you are shooting raw then you can change it in Capture NX afterwards anyway. I use a custom WB in the camera (don't know if you can do that in the D600) but I always adjust it further in NX on a shot by shot basis as I can always make it look better.

I try not to use auto white balance as most times you can get better results with custom or preset. yes you can edit in raw but its best to try and get it right in camera :)

I try not to use auto white balance as most times you can get better results with custom or preset. yes you can edit in raw but its best to try and get it right in camera :)
Very often you can't get it right 'in-camera' as the camera gets it wrong whether it's auto white balance or a custom one. I change the WB on 95% of my macro shots in post.

IsamuM

Not-quite-
When I need quick and dirty JPEGs (D4 and D800), I will use Auto WB 2 because I think it produces better skin tones.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom