d600... Wirelessly trigger strobes?

Can't find any solid info on the net...

I will be receiving my d600 from adorama tomorrow. Remember a friend of a friend saying that the d600 somehow sends out an infrared signal to strobes without having to buy a wireless trigger? Is this true?

If no, what trigger would you recommend? The strobes are some really old off brand (I believe yinyan).

Thanks ahead of time!

It does, just like your D90. However, that only works on Nikon strobes.

For you to use you old strobes you need optical triggers and couple of pocket wizards or any other radio poppers.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It does, just like your D90. However, that only works on Nikon strobes.

For you to use you old strobes you need optical triggers and couple of pocket wizards or any other radio poppers.
Thanks for the reply.

Can you give me any suggestions on optical triggers/radio poppers/pocket wizards?

This is all a foreign language to me at this point as I have never used any type of strobes or lightning systems (beyond an sb900)

phew man.. read the description of this, and its clearly over my head.

Anywhere I can read up on all these lighting systems and accessories? So it doesn't sound so greek to me?
It just allows you to take groups of speedlights and set the flash power individually or in groups and since you can do it all on the little display of the SU-800 it makes it easy to remember how you are set up to light your shot.

If you're getting complex with lots of different kinds of lights or large distances or walls between, you can go the pocket wizard route - they're not as line-of-sight dependent. Best website to check out might be David Hobby's site:

http://strobist.blogspot.com/

Sean

Are your strobes Nikon TTL compatible, or manual only?
If they are manual only, then you really only have one options, and that is simple manual radio triggers. Something like the Yongnuo RF-603's would work well and be cheap.

Just get triggers...those commanders have never been truly reliable for me. With triggers, it teaches you to learn more about off camera flash and what is needed to get the shot you want.

Are your strobes Nikon TTL compatible, or manual only?
If they are manual only, then you really only have one options, and that is simple manual radio triggers. Something like the Yongnuo RF-603's would work well and be cheap.
I'm not completely sure? These are at least ten years old. The brand is yinyan, and they look very very similar to this

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This is what my local camera shop had me buy.. for $70. Is that a reasonable price for something like this? Can't even find this model online.

Anyone have a good alternative for this?

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

If they're not a Nikon flash, they're likely not compatible with Nikon TTL. I can't see the photos right now (at work) so I can't answer your second question, but David above mentioned Yongnuo triggers. I also have these triggers and they've been nothing but flawless.

I have the RF-602's but the 603's are better (and they may have a newer model out now, not sure). I got my transmitter + 2 receivers for $60 shipped about 4 years ago. The 603's are Transceivers so they're interchangeable.

I'm not completely sure? These are at least ten years old. The brand is yinyan, and they look very very similar to this

http://upload.ecvv.com/upload/Produ...R_Studio_Strobe_Flash_150WS20116212047493.jpg

This is what my local camera shop had me buy.. for $70. Is that a reasonable price for something like this? Can't even find this model online.

Anyone have a good alternative for this?

http://i40.tinypic.com/2h4cgue.jpg

Definitely not TTL. All you need are manual flash triggers with sync cables with the right connectors. The Interfit INT412 is overpriced at $70 (B&H and Adorama have it for $46.50 with free shipping), but I have no knowledge of how well they work (they say 50m on distance). I'd get either some cheap Yongnuo RF-603's and the proper sync cables, or spend more and get the PocketWizard PlusX (if you plan on getting a whole PW system eventually).

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom