D70 and the 17-35 f/2,8

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Maestrodawg1, Sep 18, 2005.

1. Well, I got the 17-35mm f/2.8 based on the recomendation of a local camera shop. I had bought the 70-200 VR from them and was blown away by the vastly improved color capture over the 18-70 kit lens. My goal was to get a lens which would produce similar results except at the wide end. This detintely happened in this case.

Here's another bonus I got but did not expect to recieve. I am one of those people who felt that my D70 underexposed pictures and the computer agreed in post processing when using automatic lighting correction. Well the computer and I agree that the exposoure is now spot on with this lens. Its reduced any post processing to a minimum. Makes me even more happy I bought this lens.

Next shall be the 28-70 f/2.8 unless some one knows of a rumor that Nikon will make a similar mid-range pro zoom with the VR. Here's to lens lust :eek:

2. Hey, we can always come up with some fanciful and imaginative rumors! Just ask.

Congrats on your new lens and ,by the way, darn you for fueling my lens lust. Our local shop has a consignment 17-35 that I wish they would sell so the taunting sensation it emanates would cease.
    I have a 17-55 and the 17-35 makes no sense (unless my mood changes, or I win the lottery or unless a full moon falls on a Tuesday or....).
    My 17-55 didn't get in the way of my recent 28-70 procurement. I've barely had a chance to mount it but I will. Promise, soon.

Post some shots and enjoy.

3. I can understand upir thoughts. Somewhere along the line I'm going to get a Nikon N camera or maybe the F100(used) and stick the 17-35 on it and play with some Velvia. Then I'll get some REAL wide shots. Added bonus as well having the 17-35 on a digi. No vignetting.