D70 at $120 w/7hours left????

D-70 at WHAT price?

Did you check out the guy's extremely 'high' score of minus one? I would not want to go on a hunger strike until it arrived.................

Steve (no slack) Waterman

Yeah.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The guy is selling.......I mean scamming a bunch of them on eBay. The scammer has different screen names too. :x :x :x :x :x

PGB

Steve,

I just went to your website. I didn't know you were an author or that you served in the Navy.

I just wanted to say Thank You for your service to this great Country.

Regards,

I was a Navy Photographer for 5 years - was in the late 80s when the other gulf war took place. Used all sorts of fun photographic toys - lots of Bronicas, Hasselblads, and Canons (boo).

Navy Photomates

Yup, I did 13 years active duty and finally retired from the reserves after doing some time in the USNR and the rest in the (GULP!) USAR. When the fun stopped, I went home. The period between Vietnam and the Gulf War Chapter One was NOT a fun time to be in the military. I've been using Nikons since 1965 and still have three F bodies (two are my wife's). Am getting ready to dump my film stuff on the market if I can find anybody who wants to be 'traditional,' whatever the hell that means...............

Nikon Stuff for Sale

Gale,

I have decided to mothball all this stuff. I'll keep the Micro-Nikkor and about the only lens I guess I would sell would be the 70-300. I'll sell the SB-21B Macro Strobe, but might as well hang onto the rest of the stuff. If we get hit with a neutron bomb and electromagnetic pulse wipes out the chips in my digital cameras, I can always use the F4s as a weapon or hammer to build a new shelter. :D

If this snow ever goes away, I'll be out getting some more photos to add to my 'collection.' I print them 13 X 19 (I crop them all to fit this paper, saves time) on my Epson 2200, then frame them using a gold/black core reveal and black/black core mat. Then they are framed in 18 X 24 gold or black aluminum frames. These are either given away as closing gifts to my real estate clients, or sold. Sometimes I give them to people who are running auctions to help somebody with medical bills or whose house has burned down or whatever. Photography is something that should be shared, unless it's photos of a vacation, cruise, or family reunion. :lol:

Re: Navy Photomates

frogpix said:
Yup, I did 13 years active duty and finally retired from the reserves after doing some time in the USNR and the rest in the (GULP!) USAR. When the fun stopped, I went home. The period between Vietnam and the Gulf War Chapter One was NOT a fun time to be in the military. I've been using Nikons since 1965 and still have three F bodies (two are my wife's). Am getting ready to dump my film stuff on the market if I can find anybody who wants to be 'traditional,' whatever the hell that means...............

Hey another squid! I served fifteen active duty flying A4's and A7's. I quit flying so I left the Navy and joined the reserves. After 5 years of that I got a chance to go back and finish my 20. Although I went to Annapolis and was active duty "regular" for 15 years my heart is with the reserves. What an impressive group of professionals! Hopefully they are treated better than in the past.

I see you live in Maine. We're going there in late May.....will the snow be gone by then? :)

Rich.

Squids forever

Rich,

Yeah, the snow better be gone by then. I was stationed at BNAO School at Sherman Field, Pensacola back from about September 64 through May 65. I was cleaning blackboards and fixing movie projectors while waiting for my class to start at NATTU over on Mainside. While there, I also helped a bunch of semi brain dead Cadets and Enswines learn Morse Code. They only had to copy about 5 WPM, but some couldn't hack it. I really liked that place, even though you only had to have about three brain cells to work there. Got a chance to fly in the old Beechcraft 'Bug Smashers' now and then with the instructors.

Went through Photo School and on from there. You can read the rest in my book, JUST A SAILOR. It's available in all prison libraries and on Amazon.com, etc.

The most fun I had was as a SERE Instructor out of FASOTRAGRULANT in Brunswick.

Give us a call when you get close to Maine. I live about 10 miles down the coast from Camden.

Latest threads

Top Bottom