D70 conversion from Lifepixel

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by JNeumann31, Dec 28, 2005.

1. Now that I got my D200 I was thinking of sending out my D70 to get converted to IR. I currently have a Hoya IR filter but find it a hassle to use(too much time and always needing a tripod) Anyone here have any experience with doing this conversion?

2. I recently did this to my D70 using their filter. I installed it myself, however. Not sure I recommend attempting it unless you are quite sure you can work with delicate electronics without damaging them. What they charge for installation is very reasonable.

I have been very happy with the results. If you search for recent posts of mine, you can see several examples.